leiap package was written for the Landscape, Encounters, and
Identity Archaeology (LEIA) Project.
The package is not uploaded to PyPI yet, so to the easiest way to install is to do so directly from the distribution file. Typically, if you want to use a conda environment, you would use these steps:
- Download the files in the
distfolder of the repository
- Activate the conda environment you want to use, e.g.,
$ source activate my_env
- Navigate to the location where you saved the
$ cd /MyFiles/Downloads/
pip installthe package (see Installing from local archives for more info)
$ pip install ./dist/leiap-0.1.1.tar.gz
Querying the database¶
In order to query the database, you will need the proper database login
credentials.json file in this repo is a dummy
stand-in file. You will need to update it with the correct values or get
a copy of the master file. You can then either:
- Place it in the same directory as the script that runs the query.
- Specify its location as a keyword argument in the database query functions.